A premier African safari destination, where international travelers are drawn to the most intense game viewing imaginable. Discover the unspoiled landscapes and prolific wildlife with a safari holiday in Tanzania. Those looking for more of a challenge or a rewarding challenge, Mount Kilimanjaro, standing at 5895m is the tallest mountain in Africa and can be ascended in 5 to 6 days.
- Tanzania has the largest concentration of wildlife animals per square kilometer, with more than 4 million wild animals and representatives of 430 species and subspecies.
- Tanzania is just a little bit more than twice the size of California.
- And talking about wild, 30% of country’s area is occupied with National Parks, with 12 parks, 13 nature reserves, and 38 protected areas.
- Tanzania also houses the world’s largest volcanic crater, Ngorongoro, with a diameter of 19kms and is 600m deep.
HOME OF AFRICA’S GREAT LAKES
Tanzania plays host to Lake Victoria – the world’s largest tropical lake, Lake Tanganyika – the second deepest in the world plus Lake Malawi – renowned for its highest concentration of cichlid fish species in the world
THE ANNUAL WILDEBEEST MIGRATION
Feel the ground tremble as hundreds of thousand hooves move across one of Africa’s largest open savannahs in search of food and water. Get front row seats to incredible predator and prey interactions, with increased chances of witnessing a kill during your safari. The migration moves annually in a clock wise rotation through the Serengeti National Park.
WHAT TO LOVE ABOUT TANZANIA
- GLORIOUS SWAHILI COASTLINE: Wash the dust off your feet from days in the African bush with a beach break on the postcard perfect beaches on the mainland or offshore in Zanzibar. Palm-fringed powder white sands and warm, turquoise waters teeming with eclectic marine life
- TARANGIRE NATIONAL PARK: Ever heard of tree climbing lions? Visit Tarangire and observe these big cats as they hunt prey or simply lounge on trees! All the Big 5 and other rare species including gerenuk and fringe-eared oryx occur here.
- SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK: Voted Africa’s top safari destination – home to the Wildebeest Migration. Extraordinary photographic opportunities and clear visuals of lion kills on the vast open plains. Explore this region on board a hot air balloon.
- SELOUS GAME RESERVE: Are you a trophy hunter or avid photographer? Pack your hunting gear or your best lenses and head to Selous Game Reserve today! High concentrations of game, over 2,100 plant species plus prolific birds – a genuine nature lover’s playground.
- RUAHA NATIONAL PARK: Combine dramatic game viewing with historical and cultural experiences. Diverse animal species in astounding numbers. Get insight on the Southern Tanzanian tribes and observe over 570 bird species.
THE BEST OF THE BEST
Book from the travel experts and enjoy signature experiences on your dream African holiday.