If you are looking for a riveting holiday that combines wildlife, adventure and culture, Zimbabwe should make your shortlist. There are plenty of exciting opportunities for all sorts of pleasure seekers, from white water rafting in the Zambezi to walking with lions in Victoria Falls and visits to the Great Zimbabwe ruins.
- Zimbabwe has 8 wildlife parks, most of them play host to the classic Big 5.
- Hike the mysterious Mount Nyangani. At 2,593m it is the highest mountain in the country
- Find the ideal accommodation that suits your pocket and preferences, from the luxury safari lodges and rustic tented camps in the wildlife parks to the luxury hotels and unpretentious lodges in the cities and towns.
- Zimbabwe’s game rangers go through some of the most intensive training in Africa to qualify. It takes approximately 5 years to be deemed qualified to lead guided walks.
THE QUIET AFTER THE STORM
Zimbabwe’s social, economic and political issues have been well publicized over the years. Although the country remains unsettled, the introduction of the US Dollar as the countries currency has definitely helped ease a lot of uncertainty. Zimbabwe however still remains a safe and fascinating country to visit. The tourism industry and infrastructure is well developed, many world class game lodges are in operation and the wild life sightings are right up there with the best in Africa. More and more visitors are venturing back or making Zimbabwe a destination to visit.
Visit the medieval Great Zimbabwe ruins, one of Africa’s earliest civilizations. The largest historic man-made structure, south of the pyramids. Dating back as early as 700 years ago, this ancient city is the oldest artificial stone structure south of the Sahara.
WHAT TO LOVE ABOUT ZIMBABWE
- THE ADVENTURE CAPITAL OF SOUTHERN AFRICA: Get your adrenaline pumping when you bungee jump off the Victoria Falls Bridge or tour the falls on a helicopter ride. White water rafting in the gorges below the falls is an adventure worth partaking and the thrills of walking with lions and riding elephants are just as awesome!
- THE SMOKE THAT THUNDERS: Discover one of the Seven Wonders of the World – the majestic Victoria Falls! The largest waterfall in the world, this natural landmark was deservedly declared a Unesco World Heritage Site.
- MANA POOLS NATIONAL PARK: Immerse yourself in the scenic beauty of one of nature’s wildlife sanctuaries. Fantastic photographic opportunities and superbly romantic ambience for those dream hideaways. Choose this idyllic destination and enjoy canoe safaris, game drives plus a lot more exciting activities.
- LAKE KARIBA: Treat yourself to a dreamy lakeside break on the shores of Lake Kariba. Take in the spectacular sunsets and spend your days fishing and viewing wildlife. Go there for the ultimate relaxation and adventure.
- HWANGE NATIONAL PARK: The flagship of the wildlife parks in Zimbabwe, Hwange will delight you with its staggering game populations. The largest population of African wild dogs left in the world, large lion prides, buffalo herds plus brown and spotted hyena. The best place for leopard and cheetah sightings.
THE BEST OF THE BEST
Book from the travel experts and enjoy signature experiences on your dream African holiday.