Mozambique sure has a collection of eco-friendly villas for your comfort and happiness while on holiday. Choosing one of these villas is right in this day and age of climate change and sustainable tourism! What do you think of these environmentally-friendly Mozambique villas?
- Azura Quilalea – choose one of nine luxurious villas constructed from natural materials and decorated with earthy decor that blends into the surrounding environment. All villas are built from natural coral stone and makuti thatch, decorated with earthy materials. A green ethic at Azura Quilalea ensures as little impact on the island ecology as possible – wind generation, solar power, rainwater harvesting and rechargeable batteries save energy. Read more here.
- Pambele Lodge– spread out along 200 meters of beachfront within the 30,000 hectare privately owned Vilanculos Coastal Wildlife Sanctuary, these villas are adjacent to the Bazaruto Marine National Park. Pambele is beautifully designed and built using local materials in a style that is sympathetic to the surrounding environment.
- Vamizi Island Lodge – The design and feel of Vamizi Lodge has taken the island holiday experience to a whole new level. Voted Best Beach Lodge in Mozambique, the message is clear – Vamizi is a breathtaking Mozambique Island Paradise and you will dream of coming back after your experience in a fantasy world. Choose a villa from the Private Collection and know that you are staying in an eco-friendly venue. Designed by award-winning South African architects, renowned for their commitment to creative design, sustainable development and responsible tourism, Vamizi Island’s Private Villa Collection creates a special style of architecture that draws on the multi-cultural influences of Mozambique.
- Guludo Eco Lodge – The ideal playground for eco-travelers, Guludo Beach Lodge is committed to conservation and is involved in ongoing community projects. Built from local materials, the lodge strives to impact as little on the environment as possible, ensuring that it provides the best restful place for weary travelers in a pristine environment. There is no electricity and lighting is provided by solar and paraffin lanterns which give the resort a romantic ambience at night. The highlight of the lodge are the ‘loos with a view’, which are very popular with guests.
- Nkwichi Lodge – an eco-traveler’s playground set on the virgin shores on the Mozambican section of Lake Malawi, which is known in Mozambique as Lake Niassa. An off the beaten track holiday destination for those in search of a remote and tranquil escape, it offers a choice of 6 chalets and 2 private houses, all constructed using locally sourced materials so that it effortlessly blends into its surroundings.
As you can see, Mozambique offers you the client more than a handful of eco-friendly lodges – it offers a collection of these eco-conscious holiday destinations. Book yours here, now, and enjoy responsible travel in a sustainable way.