Experience the warm smiles of the friendly people of Malawi as you explore its wealth of spectacular holiday destinations. This country’s winning formula of wildlife, lake, landscape and culture sees many visitors flocking in.
- Malawi lies within the Great Rift Valley system
- The country is one of the world’s safest tourist destinations.
- It is home to Lake Malawi, the 9th largest lake in the world, and the 3rd largest and 2nd deepest lake in Africa.
- There are 5 national parks and 4 game reserves
THE WARM HEART OF AFRICA
Experience firsthand the unique culture, warmth and hospitality of the local people. Malawi has something for everyone and whatever your reason for visiting, be it a honeymoon, family holiday or solo sojourn, you can be sure of a memorable holiday where you are greeted with smiling faces at every turn.
LAKESIDE LIVING AT ITS BEST
The highlight of all trips to Malawi, Lake Malawi boasts some gorgeous golden sandy beaches. Enjoy a wide range of water sports from kayaking to scuba diving, fishing, snorkelling and everything in between.
WHAT TO LOVE ABOUT MALAWI
- A NATURALIST PARADISE: Blessed with a fair share of large mammals, including the classic Big 5, Malawi is definitely worth a visit. The geographical diversity featuring mountainous regions, lush indigenous forests and a freshwater lake affords plenty of exciting opportunities for both seasoned and first-time travellers.
- LIWONDE NATIONAL PARK: Here you will find some of the best game viewings in Malawi, such as elephants, antelope, and a large a variety of bird species. Experience the bush by going on morning bush walks with experienced guides. Go on exhilarating boat rides where you can spot hippos and crocodiles. Sit at the water’s edge in the evenings and quietly watch the wildlife that surrounds you.
- LILONGWE: The capital of Malawi, with New Town in the North and Old Town in the South. Old Town has wonderful markets, street cafés and bustling restaurants, making it an interesting place to visit. The markets offer Indian spices and clothing stalls where you can test your skills at bargaining. It also offers a golf club if you feel like a swing or two.
- MAJETE WILDLIFE RESERVE: This is a 70 000 hectare conservation area situated in the Lower Shire Valley that is home to the Big 5, as well as a variety of other animals and birdlife. Activities include guided nature walks, game drives and sunset safaris.
- YACHT CHARTERS ON LAKE MALAWI: What better way to explore than on a live aboard catamaran. Snorkel, fish, swim and explore the many inlets and islands with your captain and experienced crew.
THE BEST OF THE BEST
Book from the travel experts and enjoy signature experiences on your dream African holiday.