Imagine yourself sprawled on a dazzling white beach with the sun’s tropical rays caressing your skin? This fantasy can be your reality with a holiday in Mauritius. Enjoy a life of leisure on one of the gorgeous palm fringed beaches on this tropical island paradise.
- Mauritius is a cultural melting pot hosting a diverse population of Asian, European and African descent.
- The country is a playground for mountain bikers and hikers, owing to the mountainous terrain that takes up much of the island.
- Indulge your taste buds with different island cuisine –Chinese, Indian, French and African dishes
- Take your pick from the range of luxury resorts and villas to budget hotels and hostels.
EAST COAST VS WEST COAST
Most people visiting Mauritius, especially for the first time will stay on it’s coast line in one of the numerous resorts. It’s often said that west is best and for the most part this is true. The west and north coast is where most of the resorts are found. All have some unbeatable beaches and the quaint capital city Port Louis is located on the west too. The east and southern coast is more exclusive and less developed, with the Belle Mare region having arguably the prettiest beach on the island. Trade winds tend to blow east to west across the island meaning the sea can get a bit rough but this is very rare.
TRY YOUR HAND AT SCUBA DIVING
Mauritius is a wonderful place to discover scuba diving. There are large areas of natural coral, bursting with underwater sea life and clear underwater visibility. If you are worried about big fishes, do not fret, its very rare to encounter a big shark. If you are a novice and wish to experience a scuba dive then Mauritius is a good place to try it out. It is likely that your hotel will have regular introductory dives at the swimming pool where you get to have a try out at the pool with the scuba equipment. It would be a taster to see if you like it and then go for a further dive in the Indian Ocean .
WHAT TO LOVE ABOUT MAURITIUS
- SKY DIVING: If you are into extreme sports, this one’s for you. Jumping out of an aircraft and having the privilege of a bird’s eye view over the picturesque island is undoubtedly the most memorable experience of your lifetime.
- GRAND BAIE: Go shopping, dine in the best restaurants and dance the night away in this bubbling coastal village where pleasure seekers play. There are plenty of water sports for those who wish to play in the surf.
- BLACK RIVER GORGES NATIONAL PARK: Enjoy a different kind of African safari in this scenic park where indigenous forests and wildlife thrive. Seek out the near extinct pink pigeon and the 300 species of flowering plants on hiking trails.
- GRAND BASSIN: Visit the most sacred Hindu place in Mauritius. See the temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and the beautiful lake that is revered by the locals, who believe that it is filled with holy water.
- PAMPLEMOUSSES BOTANICAL GARDEN: Are you a lover of nature? Then this sizeable chunk of Eden will definitely enchant you with its pond of giant Amazon lilies, lakes with giant turtles and fish. The likes of Nelson Mandela and Indira Gandhi planted a tree in this splendid garden.
THE BEST OF THE BEST
Book from the travel experts and enjoy signature experiences on your dream African holiday.