Landlocked Zambia welcomes visitors to experience the very best of African safaris. Come and enjoy its breathtaking scenery and pristine wilderness areas. From Big 5 game viewing safaris to canoeing on the mighty Zambezi River to the majestic Victoria Falls, Zambia has everything you’d want for an African holiday destination.
- Over 30% of Zambia’s land is allocated towards National Parks. Many are very much off the beaten path and uncrowded.
- The country shares the world’s largest waterfall – Victoria Falls with its neighbour Zimbabwe.
- The country enjoys a mild, pleasant climate making it a great year-round safari destination.
- Discover a wealth of remarkable wildlife and birdlife. With the National Parks still largely untouched, wildlife has flourished and remains largely unconcerned with human presence.
YEAR ROUND SAFARI
Zambia is a safari enthusiast’s dream and with its mild climate, can be visited year round. Not only is there an array of some of the world’s biggest and best game parks to choose from, there are many safari activities available too. Whether it’s a canoeing safari along the game-rich shores of the Lower Zambezi, or following in the footsteps of the pioneers into the Zambian interior on a mobile walking safari, you are sure to find something in the continent’s spectacular wildlife and scenery to thrill and amaze you.
Lusaka is the capital and largest city of Zambia. One of the fastest-developing cities in Southern Africa, Lusaka is located in the southern part of the central plateau at an elevation of about 1,279 metres. It’s the second most common start or end to a holiday in Zambia outside of Livingstone further south. Its vibrant markets are well worth a visit.
WHAT TO LOVE ABOUT ZAMBIA
- SOUTH LUANGWA NATIONAL PARK: An unspoilt nirvana with some rare animal treasures. Look for the Thornicroft’s giraffe and Crawshay’s zebra, endemic to South Luangwa. Go there for productive leopard sightings and the puku, which is rarely seen outside Zambia.
- LOWER ZAMBEZI NATIONAL PARK: Spoil yourself with a holiday to this watery retreat where you get to view game in style on board a canoe. Wonderfully untamed and offering a unique safari experience – fishing, nature walks, boat cruises plus day and night game drives.
- VICTORIA FALLS AND LIVINGSTONE: The adventure capital of Zambia, Livingstone Town gives you access to adrenaline-charged holidays. Go white water rafting or bungee jumping off the Victoria Falls Bridge. You can even choose to walk with lions or take the scenic flight above the falls, whatever floats your boat.
- LIUWA PLAIN NATIONAL PARK: Escape to the remote recesses of Zambia’s pristine bush where tranquillity in nature is guaranteed. Witness the second largest Wildebeest Migration and the high concentrations of predator species that reside in the park. Get your camera out and capture the extraordinary images of lightning bolts during a thunderstorm.
- KAFUE NATIONAL PARK: Never settle for second best. Choose a holiday to this untouched wilderness and enjoy front row seats to largest species diversity in Zambia. Make sure to visit the Busanga Plains where you can easily spot the cheetah.
THE BEST OF THE BEST
Book from the travel experts and enjoy signature experiences on your dream African holiday.